About Me

My photo
Welcome to flexitarian cooking. A fusion of global flavors with lots of plants, some seafood and a bit of meat now and again.



Sunday, August 7, 2016

Huevos Rancheros Feroleto

I found a wonderful jar of roasted peppers in my brother and sister-law's refrigerator early one morning recently, getting ready to make some eggs before a long Discover Hudson Valley bike ride.  They told me the night before to help myself to whatever was in the refrigerator to make myself a hearty breakfast before the ride.  I found a jar of gorgeous roasted peppers and the rest is history.
2 eggs
3 slices favorite jarred roasted peppers
4 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
favorite hot sauce
dash dried thyme

Heat a dash of olive oil in a small pan. Sauté the pepper slices for a few minutes, turning once. Place sliced in a capital H position on the pan and crack the eggs on each side. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Simmer the eggs until sunny side up. Sprinkle on hot sauce to taste and then cover with cheese. Season with a dash of thyme.
Cover pan and allow cheese to melt. Serve with a dash of sour cream and/or guacamole on the side.

Serves 1. Repeat as needed.

Cook's Note:  Later I learned that they got these peppers as a gift from our other sister in law, who apparently found them at Costco.  I also like Trader Joe's roasted red and yellow peppers very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment